Monday 8 January 2018

Is it Christmas already?

.. because I'm already well into making cards for Christmas 2018!


For this card I have used a very old unmounted rubber stamp that I think was designed by Trish Bayley, probably about 20 years ago. I stamped and embossed it in silver. (What a palaver that was - I forgot to swipe the card with my anti static pad and got powder everywhere, tried to clean it off with a soft brush but the brush slipped and took some of  the powder off the design so I had to add more powder and got even MORE on the card. Repeated this three times then finally decided to heat emboss it anyway hoping the stray powder would look like snowflakes. It didn't, it looked a mess, so I had to start again).

The background is embossed using a folder that was free with Quick Cards Made Easy a couple of years ago and the poinsettia is also cut with a magazine freebie die. The leaves are actually holly leaves cut with a Sizzix die because I don't have a poinsettia leaf die.

I am sharing this with
52 Christmas Card Throwdown - sketch

Cuttlebugmnania - Flowers
Sweet Stampin - Winter White

11 comments:

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Jayne, this is stunning hun. So perfect for our 'Predominantly Winter White' challenge. I love what you've done for this. The silver is fabulous and the touch of sparkle just perfect. Truly beautiful hun. Thanks so much for sharing it with us this week at Sweet Stampin'. Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT

Kathyk said...

Ooh fabulous WoW make, well done on cracking on with your 2018 quota - have to say I've not been able to stop myself making Christmas cards either and find myself almost half way done!! NEVER happened before!

Happy New Year

Kathyk

Anonymous said...

Despite your challenges, this card came out beautiful. So glad you kept on going! The textures in this white card are fabulous!

Evelyn

Melissa said...

What a lovely card!

Liz said...

Lovely WoW card, Jane, worth persevering with the embossing. Great use of your magazine freebies too. xx

Cara said...

This is so elegant. Why do we all do that? Know that we should have done something and we know really that it's not going to work out and still we waste time persevering with it and then have to do it over anyway! Great idea to use the holly for the poinsettia leaves x

Chris Dring said...

Kudos to you for barreling through and coming up with this gorgeous card!

AlisonC said...

Yep, totally identify with all of that! It was worth it though as your simple design really shines against the textured background. Thanks for joining in at 52CCT.

Lily-by-Gilly said...

I'm glad you persevered with your card - it's lovely. And good use of what you have in your stash with the holly leaves - they fit really well. Thanks for joining us at 52CCT. Gill DT.

Dr Sonia S V said...

So pretty...love the embossing on your flowers
Thank you so much for joining us at the Cuttlebugmania Challenge!
Cuttlebugmania Challenge DT
Dr Sonia

EK Gorman said...

Oh, I love this white on white layered card. It is simply stunning! It is just beautiful! Thank you for sharing it with 52CCT.