Friday 8 September 2017

Poinsettia and Holly


This card is based on the sketch at Christmas Card Showdown 

 
Initially I was planning to just add the poinsettia, but when I fiddled around with the die cuts I liked the line made by the added holly leaves, it seems to draw your eye to the whole of the card rather than just allowing it to settle in the corner.
 
I love that poinsettia and foliage washi tape, but I can't remember where it came from. The poinsettia die was from an old magazine - probably Die Cutting Essentials - and the holly dies are some blog candy I won. The stamp is a very old mag freebie that wasn't stamping too well and has been revitalised since I got my Misti.
 
As well as Christmas Card Showdown, I am sharing this with
The Holly and The Ivy - anything goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra - September 
Crafty Hazelnut's Challenge - anything goes  
Christmas Card Challenge - use leaves  (incidentally, did you know that those red parts on a poinsettia aren't petals, they are bracts, so technically they are really leaves!)
 

10 comments:

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

La Papera Gialla said...

Thanks for joining us at CraftyHazelnut's Christmas Challenges Extra for September!
Monica - DT

Liz said...

Gorgeous CAS card, Jane. I love the washi tape, it goes brilliantly with the poinsettia. xx

Deanne Saunders said...

Lovely! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CARDS ALL YEAR ‘ROUND challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!! *If this comment is late I apologize! I’m having major issues lately trying to leave comments due to the stupid ROBOT silliness!!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

AlisonC said...

What pretty washi tape. It's great colours and this sketch was made for it.
Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Throwdown.

Cara said...

What a great way to use that pretty washi tape. Brilliant card x

Lucinda said...

A lovely design, the areas of white allow the washi tape (which is amazing!) and poinsettia to really shine. Thanks for sharing with us at the Christmas Card Throwdown.

Marie Bingaman said...

A very nice interpretation of the sketch...and you're right, that washi tape is yummy! Thanks for sharing with us at CCAYR! :)

~Marie B -DT

Paper Lily Leaf said...

A very stylish card! I love the washi combined with the poinsettia and holly embellishment. Thanks for joining us at CCT, April x

Shona Hamill said...

Fantastic card! Thanks for sharing with us at the Holly & Ivy Challenge. Shona xx