Sunday 30 July 2017

The Gingerbread Man

Next up from me is a very simple Christmas card using the SU Cookie Cutter Christmas stamp and punch set. This would be a good one to mass produce, and you could ring the changes by using different characters from the set.


The background is a piece of festive patterned vellum that was part of a magazine freebie kit, pierced around the edge to form a frame, with the sentiment stamped using Stazon ink. I used a ruler and piercing tool to do the piercing - I had considered cheating and using the perforation blade of my paper trimmer. I've never used the perforation blade before, and to my surprise when I came to try it I found that they have accidentally given me a spare cutting blade instead. I'm not complaining, the cutting blade is the one that gets used most!

I am sharing this with

Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - Gingerbread 
Less is More - Pierce your project
Watercooler Wednesday - All About Christmas

13 comments:

libbystamps said...

I love this punch! Cute card! Thanks for joining my All About Christmas challenge this week at Watercooler Wednesday.

Margarets designer cards said...

Simple and yet effective, great card

Cara said...

Stunning card, the festive vellum is beautiful and looks lovely against your yummy gingerbread man x

Penny Hanuszak said...

Thanks for sharing your card with us on the Watercooler Wednesday Christmas Challenge this week. The gingerbread man from Cookie Cutter Christmas is so cute on this card. Love it! The background vellum lace is beautiful.

Kathyk said...

Jane, this is just so darned cute

Kathyk

Trina P. said...

That gingerbread man is adorable. The vellum reminds me of wax paper / parchment paper. The piercing frames him beautifully. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Less is More. 😊 Trina

Liz said...

Great CAS card, Jane. The patterned vellum makes a beautiful background for the cute image and the pierced border looks lovely. xx

Susan said...

So cute...love this little guy! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Fiona said...

Cute card - I love that background vellum and the piercing - thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday this week

Heidi Weaver said...

What a lovely clean and simple card you've created, Jane. I love the Cookie-Cutter Christmas bundle and all its possibilities. The gingerbread man is perfect against that patterned vellum, especially with the pierced frame around the border. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Created by Kath said...

I love the lace background! Great CAS card. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday!

Hazel said...

What a cutie gingerbread. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 344 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for August - I'd love to see it there too x

Hazel said...

Sorry, please ignore my suggestion of adding for extra for August as you posted before 1 August (my silly fault for not looking properly - lol!) x