Saturday 22 July 2017

Shedding some light on the matter

I've been venturing into mixed media again - well, tiptoeing really....


All the stamps I have used are from a set I've had for a few years, I can't remember who makes it but I got it mostly for the lovely penny-farthing bicycle, and I think this is the first time the light bulb stamp has seen ink.

I stamped the cogs and screws onto the kraft card then added some dimension with a few screw-headed brads and a couple of chipboard cogs, coloured with gold wax.

The light bulbs were stamped on yellow card, the screw fittings coloured with a gold gel pen and then fussy cut. I've drawn in cords for them but I've just realised that it would be impossible for them to work like that as they aren't actually screwed into anything!

The "adventure" sticker is part of a gift from a friend and the words are from one of the very first sheets of peel offs I ever bought, some time round about the beginning of time. I've added a little white gel pen to give the impression of light and movement.

I am sharing this with
Shopping Our Stash - You Light up my Life
The Male Room - Mixed Media
Watercooler Wednesday - Masculine
Crafty Creations - Anything Goes   

14 comments:

Hayley said...

This is such a cool card. You could even frame it x

Barb said...

I absolutely love this Jane. It's a great card and I love those light bulbs. Barbxx

Deborah Frings said...

I think you should tip-toe in a bit more often! This is awesome. I love cogs and the movement suggested with the white pen, and the lovely words. Great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with our Mixed Media challenge at The Male Room, Deborah. DT.

cotnob said...

A brilliant card Jane, lots of super details.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Donna said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh sistah this is all kinds of awesome!!!
Very mixed media and steampunk - loves it!!
Thanks for lighting up your life with the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew this week!

Julene Matthews said...

Fabulous mm card.Found you via the male room.

Heidi Weaver said...

What a terrific masculine card you've created, Jane! Love the vintage (punk) look of those cogs and gears and especially the lightbulbs. Let's just agree that they are magically powered bulbs and let it go at that. *grin* Wonderful details, beautifully executed. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Penny Hanuszak said...

Jane, thanks for sharing your wonderful mixed media masculine card this week at the Watercooler Wednesday challenge. Love all the cogs and those light bulbs, but I really like the sentiment and how it depicts the "adventure" in this card. Awesome!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What more can I say that hasn't already been said, this is awesome! Love the little dash of white pen to show the light and movement. Fabulous. Thanks for playing at The Male Room. Faith DT.

Cara said...

Love this card. The yellow of the bulbs really makes it look like they're illuminated x

lauren bergold said...

what a beautiful, clever card! i really love this! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (lightbulb!)STASH with us this week!

Kathy Barnett said...

What a lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges, #346 Anything Goes. We look forward in seeing what you create for our next challenge. Good Luck with the Challenge. Kathy, CCC DT

Rocky said...

This is fab! I love the added white pen for movement and shine, great job. Thank you for sharing it with us at TMR.

Barbetka said...

typical male :) - beautiful card :)