Saturday 22 July 2017

Let them eat cake!

I was a bit worried when I saw that this week's challenge at Sweet Stampin is Cake, because I am so rigorous about my diabetes management programme that I don't even buy cake themed stash! How's that for self restraint? But it means I thought I wouldn't be playing.

Then I remembered this stamp set that was a magazine freebie some years ago - I think it was probably Polkadoodles magazine, it certainly looks like a Polkadoodles stamp.



I coloured it with Promarkers (has anyone else noticed that since they changed from Letraset to Winsor and Newton they sometimes give patchy results?) and teamed it with papers from my stash and a sweet ribbon to make a centre stepper card.

I am sharing this with
Sweet Stampin - Cake
Fab'n'funky - Use a patterned paper 
Allsorts Challenge - Fancy Folds 
ATSM - Anything Goes

8 comments:

Inkyfingers said...

What a cute and fun design Jane and I love the clever card shape! I admire your restraint re your diabetes lol!
Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM and I hope you will join us again soon.
Hugs
Carol x

Barb said...

A super card Jane. It's got a really retro look to it. Barbxx

brenda said...

Now that's what I call restrained Jane ! But I will admit to a certain degree of glee when I get a low reading and a cube or two of Cadbury's isn't a sin.

Great card and such lovely bright cheery colours, many thanks for joining in with our Fancy Folds theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Unknown said...

Great stepper card, love the papers
Hugs Kaz xx

N-Eva said...

So gorgeous!.Colour combo and that image is super cute! ! Thank you for sharing your wonderful project at Fab'n'Funky challenge. Good luck. Neva

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Ooh that is just perfect for our challenge this week! Thanks for sharing your sweet creation with us at Sweet Stampin', I love what you did for our 'Ready, Steady, Bake' challenge. Lovely card design and sweet image. Hope you'll join us again soon. Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT

Cara said...

Love this card, what a fab idea to use a stepper card, it really makes the image pop x

Liz said...

Congratulations on your win over on the Allsorts Challenge blog, Jane. xx