Sunday 9 July 2017

Bright carnation

Earlier this week I had to go into hospital for a procedure, and it left me feeling pretty drained for a few days, so Mark bought me a lovely bunch of carnations to cheer me up. The colouring of them was really unusual, yellow petals with very bright red tips, and that's what I've tried to capture in this card.


The carnation stamp is a very old but NBUS one, which I think was a Linda Luckin design - I must have had it about 10 years. I think it's perhaps a bit heavy to be coloured in like this, I'm going to try it again stamped and embossed in gold on a dark background - burgundy, green or black - when I think it will look more striking. But I've captured the colour of those carnations!

I am sharing this with
Addicted to Stamps  - CAS
CAS on Friday - Flowers
Stamping Sensations - Anything with Flowers

7 comments:

Di said...

A lovely card Jane! Hope you're feeling much better now and are on the way to recovery.

Hugs

Di xx

brenda said...

Such an elegant creation Jane and I think the colous of the Carnations come through perfectly, many thanks for joining our Flowers theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Linby said...

I think it looks fab and so can just pic your bunch of flowers. Hope you're feeling a bit better now x

Cara said...

Gorgeous card, love the simplicity of it. I hope your procedure solved the issue and that you're feeling much better now x

Inkyfingers said...

What a lovely CAS design and I love how your layers echo the colours of the carnation. Hope you're feeling better now.
Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM and I hope you will join us again soon.
Hugs
Carol x

Nandini said...

Gorgeous card. Love the coloring. Thanks for joining us at ATSM challenges. All the very best. Nandini, DT

Lynne K said...

I love the simplicity of this beautiful design. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne