Saturday 8 July 2017

Being naughty AND nice.

I have to confess that my heart sank when I saw this month's challenge at Naughty or Nice - the theme is "If the shoe fits"  and I am simply not a shoe person. I never wear them indoors, and outdoors it's FitFlop sandals in summer, FitFlop boots in winter. I've not owned a pair of heels for at least 30 years, and don't see the appeal of them.

All that means I don't have any show related stash - then I remembered that a year or two back, the lovely Monika Reeck took pity on me when I mentioned that, and sent me some images and sentiments that she had stamped, so here, thanks to Monika, is my Nice card.


I chose some funky metallic card for the background and watercoloured the shoes to match then fussy cut then and cut the sentiment with a stitched ovals die.

But I couldn't NOT make a naughty card, even though I had no show images, because one thing I DO have is this great Dylusions sentiment stamp that I like to use at every opportunity.


I teamed it with an image from a download I won from a now-defunct challenge (Suzy Bee's, I think) and look, the model IS wearing shoes so it's sort of OK! Added a background embossed with a Santoro Hears folder and lightly sanded, and added a lios brad and some heart pearls.

I think this is the kind of catty card you could only send to your BFF. Oh, and now I've blown the image right up on the screen, I can see that very faintly around the hem of her, ahem, dress, you can see the words "Sorry, wrong number". Haha!

7 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Two fabulous cards, Jane! Monika took pity on me too, so I also have some gorgeous shoe images courtesy of that sweet lady. Thanks for getting naughty AND nice with the Troublemakers, Jo x

Liz said...

Two fun cards, Jane. I'm with you on the heels, much rather be comfortable than a few inches taller! xx

Lynne in NI said...

These are fab Jane, LOVE your sentiment on the second!
Thanks for playing at Naughty or Nice :)

Cara said...

Two fab cards, love the sentiment on the second. Totally with you on the shoe front, comfort is much more important than looks!

Lindsey said...

Oh Jane, you had me worried there for a second! Because while the first card is great (ooh, that metallic paper!), the second card is what I've come to expect! Great combo of image, background, sentiment and embellishments!

Linby said...

Two fab cards. I think I have to enter I have so many shoe related images!
I now unfortunately have to wear fitflops - even as slippers in the house and then my orthotics in flat shoes :(.

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at NoN, good luck!!! Amy DT