Sunday 21 May 2017

Never eat yellow snow!

"Never eat yellow snow" - a very wise piece of advice and one that sprang to mind when I saw the new challenge at Christmas Card Throwdown, which is the rather unusual Christmas colour combo of Kraft, gold and yellow. So naturally I had to include yellow snow on my card!


I CASed the layout of this card from one I found in Pinterest when I was searching for inspiration and ideas for using the Stampin Up Cookie Cutter Christmas set. That card was very clean and simple though, whereas mine is packed with colour, texture and bling!

The yellow snow itself is embossed with a Darice folder and the gold layer with a magazine freebie folder. The corrugated Kraft is a snippet of packaging from an olive oil bottle. I've added gold ribbon, die cut pine sprigs and droplet stickers that came in a kit many, many years ago.

I am sharing this with

Christmas Card Throwdown - Kraft, yellow and gold
Holly and Ivy - Anything Christmas Goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - Candy Cane or Anything Goes
Cardz 4 Galz - Texture
C.R.A.F.T. - Christmas  

10 comments:

Lucinda said...

Gorgeously colourful and layered! I love that you've incorporated packaging in your card. Thank you for kicking us off at the Christmas Card Throwdown. Lucinda

Cara said...

Love this fun card! Very striking in those colours. Cara x

AlisonC said...

Hehe, indeed wise advice and an interesting premise for a card. Lots of crafty detail and recycling too.

Sheryl said...

Great embossing here Jane, love the design.
Good to see you at CRAFT again this week.
Hugs Sheryl DT member xx

MagsB said...

What a fab, fun card, Jane, I love all the texture! The deer's head is so cute, too! Thanks for joining in at CRAFT Challenge!

love Mags B x

Helen said...

Such a fun coloured Christmas card!
Thanks for playing at C.R.A.F.T. Challenge!
Helen x GDT

sweet art designs said...

How adorable. Thank you for sharing with us at the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge. - Myrna DT

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 334 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for May - I'd love to see it there too x

Jackie C said...

Perfect in every way! Love it. Thank you for sharing at The Holly & Ivy, Jackie DT member xx

Cazro said...

A super fun card, loving your memory of the yellow snow, made me smile. Thank you for joining us at The Holly and the Ivy Christmas Challenge. Caz DT.