Tuesday 18 April 2017

Shakin' Penguins

Last weekend I had a dream about a shaker card. It was a snowglobe card, with an iris folded snowglobe behind an acetate aperture, with glitter and snowflake confetti between the two. I was determined to make it - until I assembled all the bits and bobs and realised that the glitter and confetti would simply get stuck in the iris folding and not shake at all.

Anyhoo, I'd dug out my glitter, confetti and acetate so I decided to press on with a shaker card, but using elements from a kit that was a magazine freebie a few years ago.


Eek! I can see from the photo that some of the peel off borders have come adrift, I promised I'll fix that good and proper before it goes into my Christmas card box!

This seems to be a problem prone card - as well as that, I originally stuck the snow globe down at a very wonky angle. Not the kind of angle where trimming the edge of the card would put it right, this was a full on, so wonky those penguins would slide off  their ice floe kind of wonky. It was firmly stuck down so I had to cut the entire front panel off the card, trim it so the globe sat squarely and then attach it to a new card. I really think this is the card that didn't want to be made!

Nevertheless it's made now (and I've just broken off and sorted out those peel offs) so I am sharing it with
Christmas Card Throwdown - Shaker Card
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - Anything goes (without the optional theme)
Winter Wonderland - Cute

15 comments:

Maja said...

These penguins are so cute.

Margarets designer cards said...

I remember this kit, You did a lovely card with the penguins

cotnob said...

A super card Jane, such a cute image and great design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Lucinda said...

A snow globe is such a great idea for a shaker card. Those penguins are adorable, I'm glad you persevered with this. Thank you for joining us at the Christmas Card Throwdown. Lucinda

meg said...

Beautiful card Jane, love the image, placing it in a snow globe was a great idea

sweet art designs said...

Adorable with a Capital "C" - Thank you for sharing with us at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown - Myrna DT

Christine Harrop said...

I absolutely love penguins so this is a hit with me! Thanks for sharing with us at Winter Wonderland this time. We would love to see you again. Good luck! Christine DT x

Cara said...

I'm totally feeling your pain with making shaker cards at the moment! This turned out brilliantly. Cara x

NanaConnie said...

Oh, this is just too cute, Jane! Love that you did a shaker with the 'snow' globe. A wonderful Holiday card.

Barbara Godden said...

Fabulous card, super cute image and a great job. Do you know that it is Angel Gabriel that gives us those crafty dreams? She is the angel of crafters.

Liz said...

Beautiful shaker card, Jane, despite all your little problems making it. The little penguins are SO cute! xx

Darnell said...

Did you take a photo of the whacky and wonky slipping penguins before you arighted them, Jane? You know, for next year's Boo Boo Hop? Oh, I hope so! And, yes, I agree, there are some cards that just do NOT want to be made. Did you wake up in the middle of your dream before you could see the part where the card morphed into, say, a cupcake for your tea? Maybe that's what happened! Nonetheless, go you for persevering and coming up with this fun Christmas snow globe shaker card!! Hugs, Darnell

AlisonC said...

How funny that you dreamt about it! Shaker cards can certainly be tricky. My second one is in the bin after having lots of chances.
Anyway yours is made and looks perfect from here. Very cute penguins.
Thanks for playing along at Christmas card Throwdown

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 329 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for April - I'd love to see it there too x

Cards By MI said...

What a super cute card for the Christmas celebrations. Adorable image and lovely card design. Thanks for joining us over at the Winter Wonderland.
Love n hugs
Marie