Monday 10 April 2017

Ooh La La Creations #226 Birthday

Today the new challenge at Ooh La La Creations is a nice easy one for everybody - Birthday.

I have used a topper and background from the Shawn Jenkins Collection CD, available here.


The embossed panel I have added uses a magazine freebie embossing folder and some lovely ombré grey card that has been sitting in my stash for many, many years  - I can remember exactly where and when I bought it, it was on Earlestown Market near Warrington, the day before my Dad's funeral when Mum and I went shopping to take our minds off things. So it, and the other lovely colours on the pad, have been sitting untouched in my stash for all that time! The pink organza ribbon really isn't such an acid pink in real life, it is just about identical to the pink of the lettering.

I am sharing this with Mrs A's Butterfly Challenge - Windows and/or the colour Rose - although if I can find the stencil that I really want to use but appear to have put in a "safe place" I'll be back with a window themed card soon!

10 comments:

meg said...

Love the topper and layout Jane, great for posting too.

Craftychris said...

This is very pretty! I do love butterflies! xxx

Barbara Godden said...

Very pretty, Since you are looking for that "safe" place let me know so I can find mine too.

Cara said...

Beautiful, love the butterflies fluttering across the card. Cara x

Janice said...

Super card Jane, love butterflies and it's nice that you thought of your Dad when using the grey card - it's strange what triggers memories, Jx

cotnob said...

A pretty card Jane, a lovely topper and super embossed panel.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Deloris said...

So pretty! Love that image and the background paper too!

julie_woolston said...

Gorgeous card Jane , love the design and detail
Hugs Julie xxx

Barb said...

A very pretty card. Love the embossed panel. Barbxx

Mrs A. said...

Feast your eyes on all those gorgeous butterflies! I love this card. Thankyou for fluttering by the butterfly garden. hugs Mrs A.