Saturday 18 March 2017

Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers #80 - Q is for Queen

I'm not here! It's Mark's birthday and we're out celebrating - but by the magic of technology I bring you my post for today's new challenge at The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers, our 80th challenge, Q is for Queen (mothers, sisters or others)

Image may contain: 1 person

Edna looks distinctly Not Amused, although if she's anything like the real Queen Vic, she has probably got loads of children so she will sympathise with this:


Isn't that sentiment wonderful? It came from the fab Gingers House where there are some amazing free word art sentiments to  download. The background is made with yellow brushos, edged with green ink. The crowns (a very old Craft Stamper freebie stamp, from about 10 years ago) are stamped in the same green,  then the streaks and splatters, from the Gentleman Crafter's stamp set, added in purple and burgundy ink.

The wine bottle is a Honeydoo Crafts stamp, stamped in memento ink and  coloured with Promarkers then cut out. I see they now make a matching die set but I think I made a pretty decent job of the fussy cutting so that's one less piece of ironmongery to add to my shopping list.

We'd love it if you would pop over to the Sisterhood and share your take on the theme!

The Craft Stamper set is very, very old and I've had the Honeydoo set about 18 months. The Gentleman Crafter set just squeaks in to the requirements for Retro Rubber, as it's a year and a month old! So I am sharing this with Anything Goes at Retro Rubber.

Although it's not a traditional Mothers Day card, I'm sure many young Mums would identify far more with this than with a flowers-and-lace one and in fact when I made it, I was thinking about my own daughter who is raising two strong, talented daughters while holding down a high powered job herself. So I am also sharing this with Mother's Day/Special Lady at Sweet Stampin.

14 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

This is brilliant, Jane! I may just steal this sentiment for my sister-in-law's birthday card... She'll relate to it perfectly! Jo x

Barbara Godden said...

This is great, love it. I too could use that sentiment, DD is her own woman.

Donna said...

Loves it! Fab job sistah!
Love that sentiment!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Awesome sentiment and gorgeous bottle of wine, love the regal background and the design on that precious bottle.
Thank you for sharing at RETRO RUBBER, hope you come and play again next time.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.DT

Debbie Mageed said...

This is awesome!! Love your choice of colors and stamps. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber!

Pajalu said...

Wow what an amazing card. Love the sentiment, some days my two ferals aka girls make me want to drink 😉

Craftychris said...

This is so cool and really made me smile! I love the sentiment! xxx

Katy McGloin said...

Love the background design and the scrolling on the wine bottle. The sentiment speaks volumes! Thanks so much for sharing your card with Retro Rubber this week. Hope you will join us again in the gallery!!

Margarets designer cards said...

The sentiment makes this card so special, I love the sentiment must remember that site when I need one

Barb said...

A fab card Jane. I love the sentiment and great stamping with you old stamps. It's good to get them out again. Barbxx

Jane Knudsen said...

LOVE this Jane! I am a sucker for anything wine related! Love the background and wine bottle! But the sentiment! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber!!

Lindsey said...

A perfect card for strong women everywhere. Awesome!

Claire Grantham said...

I showed this to my Ma, she laughed and said she needed this card when she was raising me LOL. Love it, love the background too. Thanks for playing with us this time at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Oh my goodness! I concur!!! LOL! That is such a fun card. Brilliant sentiment!! Thank you so much for sharing your gorgeous card with us this week at Sweet Stampin' for our 'Mother's Day/Special Lady' challenge. I love what you did!! Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT