Sunday 5 March 2017

Quirky Crafts Challenge is back!

If you were a follower of Quirky Crafts Challenge you may remember that they paused for an extended break last summer. Well, they are back - or should I say WE'RE back, because I'm now a member of the Design Team!

Our first challenge is a photo challenge - but with a quirky twist! We'd like you to use one of your own photos, and either take inspiration from it or use some or all of the photo itself in your project, adding your own choice of stamped/digital images, embellishments etc. And we'd like to see your photo as well as your finished work.

There are prizes to be won too! This month's sponsors are Bugaboo stamps and Crafty Ribbons.




Check out the Quirky Crafts Challenge blog for full details of the challenge rules and prizes.

For my own card I have used a beautiful photo that my husband took in the gorgeous (and themselves quite quirky) gardens of West Green House, a National Trust garden close to Hartley Wintney in Hampshire.  It's only a few miles from us so we visit quite often.


I love this circular archway! I took my inspiration from the circle, the red brick, the blue flowers and the plethora of green foliage, and using Bugaboo's Flower Tag 1 image made this card:


I printed the image, coloured it with Promarkers and stamped the sentiment then fussy cut it and set it aside. The background is Core-dinations card embossed with a brickwork folder then lightly sanded and the edges slightly distressed.

The border and butterflies were made by sprinkling Brushos onto white card and spritzing, then cutting out using the border and butterfly die that I won in the Snippets Playground a year or two back.  I'm very new to using Brushos, having only got them for Christmas, so I'm not yet confident with using them, but creating random bits with them every time I have a few spare white snippets is giving me plenty of die cutting fodder! 

I am sharing this card with
Pixie's Snippets Playground - weeks 271 and 272
Dies'r'Us - Something new (Brushos)
Classic Design Team Open Challenge #12

12 comments:

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Oh you have made a gorgeous project here. Love how you created the grass and butterflies to coincide with your image, they really pop out with your background. Nice work. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
[Annette Registered Owner/Admin for Classic Design Team Challenge]

Di said...

Wonderful card Jane! I love how well you've portrayed that beautiful photo and it great to see you using a Playground prize of course. The green Brushos do work so well for foliage etc. don't they. Ha, I should talk - not played with my Brushos for months!

Hugs

Di xx

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful photo, The photo gave you a really good clever card love the way the grass and butterflies match

Darlene said...

What a fabulous scene you've created using that awesome photo as your inspiration! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Something New’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

This is gorgeous Jane, I love the border and butterflies cut from the brushos paper.

Sue xx

Barb said...

I love the bright colours. Your quirky card is fab and great inspiration from you hubby,s beautiful photo. Barbxx

laurie said...

Awesome card! I love the background textures.Thanks for sharing at Dies R Us...so happy you joined us!

Sarn said...

Simply FABULOUS. Brilliant use of the inspiration.
Hugs, Sarn xxx

Cazzy said...

Hi Jane, it's great to have you on the team. I love your interpretation of the challenge, it's a really nice example to inspire people. I've never been to (or heard of) West Green House and I want to now! I'll have to see how far it is from me. Hugs Cazzy x

Cazzy said...

Hi Jane, it's great to have you on the team! I love your interpretation of the challenge, it's a really nice example to inspire people. I've never been to (or heard of) West Green House and I want to visit now. I will find out how far it is from me. Hugs Cazzy x

Keen Crafter's Hand Made Goodies said...

This is very pretty Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Michelle DT for http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

scrappymo! said...

Your husbands photo is stunning and your card is a lovely take on the photo's focal design