Saturday 11 March 2017

Paris in the Spring

I love city skylines, especially when it comes to crafting. I've got several dies, stamps and even some ribbon decorated with them.

For this one I've used a die that my husband bought me - I think it was from Marianne Creatables -  which I always seem to use as a silhouette, cutting it from black card, but this time I wanted to try something different.


I smooshed turquoise, magenta and yellow distress inks onto a large acrylic block (I find it easier to see where the ink is that way than doing it on a craft mat) and spritzed with water then pressed white card onto it and used the resulting card for the die cutting. I couldn't stay away from the black though - this time I used it as a background. I think it sets off the colours really well.

The sentiment is stamped using a stamp from the new Dovecraft "Kiss and Make Up" collection. It's absolutely HUGE, isn't it? Well, Paris is, after all, the city of love!

I am sharing this with
Rubber Dance - Magenta, Yellow and Turquoise
CASology - Landmark
Inkspirational - Watercolour smooshing
CAS Mix up - Stamping and smooshing plus your choice (diecutting)  







14 comments:

cotnob said...

A super card Jane, your multi-coloured Paris scene is fabulous.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

nancy littrell said...

So colorful and creative Jane. Wonderful CAS design. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs..

Loll said...

Fabulous design, Jane. Gorgeous smooshed cityscape that looks amazing on the black. The large sentiment is just perfect. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

scrappymo! said...

Stunning card. That die is divine but the way you cut it from the inky paper and then affixed it to the black is fab.

Yasmina TIN-SANG said...

Just lovely!
Thank you for joining us at Rubber Dance!
Hugs
Yasmina

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

So clean and simple, your colour combo gives a stunning impact. Hugs Tracey x

Mac Mable said...

Great combining the challenges with this gorgeous card. Love everything about it and so very eye catching x

Shauna said...

What a lovely card! I love your use of the smooshing on the die. Also, such a great design with the bold sentiment! Thanks for playing with us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

Bonnie said...

The black makes this rainbow scene stunning, Jane! Love the smooshed colors! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

Kreative Kymona said...

Hey Jane!!! Super doper watercoloring!! I love the black background. Thank you so much for playing with us this week at CASology.

Hannelie said...

Love your beautiful card Jane! The large sentiment works just perfectly here!
Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

Susanne Rose said...

This is such a beauty! Thank you for joining us over at Rubber Dance! Hugs, Susanne.

ionabunny said...

Love your smooched coloured skyline. Thanks for joining the Rubber Dance challenge. Hugz

Marina said...

It's a great way to do a multi-coloured look and it looks fabulous on your cityscape. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges.