Wednesday 15 March 2017

NOT Christmas this time!

I haven't ONLY been making Christmas cards!


For this card I covered an acrylic block (yes, I've realised NOW that it has a chip in the corner!) with distress ink , spritzed very lightly with water and applied it direct to the paper. When it was dry I used a darker green Memento ink to stamp the fern - a very, very old Artylicious stamp - over it and a fine-tipped marker in Olive Green to doodle a rough frame. The sentiment stamp is from a Studio G mini set.

I am sharing this with
CASology - Foliage
Addicted to CAS - Doodle  
Shopping Our Stash - Green

7 comments:

Barb said...

I love this technique. It's a lovely card Jane. Barbxx

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely card, It might be an old stamp but it's a lovely image of a fern leaf

Barbara Godden said...

Beautiful fern image, lovely technique. nice job.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh, I love Ferns, your card is just beautiful. Love that technique, I need to give it a try soon.
You made me laugh when you mentioned your acrylic block has a chipped corner, non the less, it made a beautiful impression of the ink.
Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH, hope to see you back in the gallery again.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Wonderful feel of nature with the natural string. So happy you could play in the CASology challenge this week.

Joyce said...

Love the technique you used on this stunning card. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Bhavana said...

Beautiful stunning card. Thank for playing with us at ATCAS!!