Monday 27 March 2017

Layer it up! - OLLCB challenge #225

It's new challenge day at Ooh La La Creations and today we would like you to Layer it Up. So let's see lots and lots of  lovely layers on your creations!

Of course, pyramage is ideal for this challenge, as it naturally has lots of layers, so I've used this beautiful off-centre pyramage design called Tulip Garden from the Shawn Jenkins CD - available here - for my DT card, along with two of the matching backing papers.


I love the fact that the design sheet includes not just the main pyramage, but also a smaller one to use as an embellishment. In the bottom left hand corner of the pyramage, there is a lovely sentiment about friendship. However I was planning to send this card to a family member and wanted to write something more suitable inside - so I die cut a butterfly to cover it up! I've added some liquid pearls to the butterfly's body.

I've just noticed that the pyramage on the main image lines up so well that in the photo you can't tell that it is there!

I am sharing this with
Alphabet Challenge - Anything with wings
Butterfly challenge - Repeat and/or Midnight sky    (the repeat butterfly pattern on the paper and of course the dark blue die cut butterfly)
Do-It All Kreatives - Spring

9 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Jane, this is so pretty. I love the butterfly repeat design paper. The tiny decoupage butterfly is a great idea. You have indeed lined the main picture up perfectly. I had to look very closely, nose almost to the screen! Lol. Thankyou for fluttering into the butterfly garden for this challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

Linby said...

So pretty the colours are beautiful. I didn't see the layering on the main image! Well done on the well placed butterfly two. I'm so glad my DT card gave you a little memory too.
Lynn

julie_woolston said...

Beautiful card Jane love the design and layout.
Hugs Julie xxx

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Jane, such a pretty image and papers - great layering.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Doris Klein said...

OMG... this is just awesome and I love it! I love tulips and butterflies. And I love the colours. And the layout it realy fab. I would be very glad if you show your amazing Project on my challenge blog Do-Al(l) Kreatives.

Hugs
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives (#3 – Spring)
*DT* Die Sketchtanten

Janice said...

How lovely! Stunning tupils and a great Spring card, Jx

Deloris said...

Fabulous spring time card! Love that image and the pretty papers too!

meg said...

Beautiful layout and lots of layers, love the pink and blue combination

Wynn said...

Great layering and your pyramage layers are perfect!! I love how you also added the tiny pyramage butterfly. Hugs Wynn x