Sunday 5 March 2017

Guest Designer at Stamping Sensations

I was delighted to be picked as the winner of the January challenge at Stamping Sensations and as well as a prize of a wonderful bundle of mixed media goodies I was invited to be the guest designer for this month's challenge, which is "Close to Nature".

The challenge is a stamping challenge - and my card for it uses LOTS of stamping!



I started by using yellow and light green inks to sponge the background, leaving a small clear area in the middle as a focal point. Then I stamped the Anitas speckled background lightly all over with the same green I had used for the sponging. With pale grey ink I stamped the dandelion clock (an old unmounted stamp I bought on a trip to America), stamping 2 or 3 impressions from each inking, randomly over the background, and the tiny Kanban butterfly in some of the gaps.

Next I stamped the dragonfly, to make sure I positioned the plants correctly around it. Although I wasn't planning to stamp over it, I masked it just in case I misjudged. Then I set to work with the plants, using several different silhouette wild flower stamps and various shades of green. I arranged them to form a frame around the dragonfly, making the undergrowth denser at the bottom just as it would be in real life. The dragonfly and all the plants are old Graphicus sets - although no longer available from them I believe other companies have bought the designs.

To finish off, I ran a green inkpad around the edge and mounted it on a white card blank, and used Stickles to give the dragonfly its metallic glint.

I am sharing this with
Alphabet Challenge - Zero embellishments
Sweer Stampin - No designer paper
Craft Rocket - No Patterned Paper

14 comments:

brenda said...

Morning Jane,

A stunning fusion of fresh Spring colours and stamping, it puts me in mind if a meadow smelling of blossoms and fresh grass and I am sure there is a cow or two not far away contentedly munching the grass (I'm a dreamer).

Thanks you so much for being our Guest Designer at Stamping Sensations this month and for sharing your inspirational creation.

B x

Margarets designer cards said...

What a wow of a card and beautiful card, I love your stamping and the explanation how you did it,
Wonderful image of the dragonfly.

Sally H said...

A stunning creation, Jane! Thanks for joining us as guest DT this month. You have done us proud!

Crafting Queen said...

Stunning card.

Dora said...

This is a beautiful nature card. Fantastic made. Thank you for being a guest.

Viv said...

Gorgeous card Jane - a perfect card as our Guest DT. x

Joan said...

Fabulous card Jane, love all the foliage and that beautiful dragonfly. Lovely to have you along as a guest

Darnell said...

Congratulations on the win and being guest designer, Jane! Your card is utterly breathtaking! I happen to love dragonflies (I know some don't) so I fell for this one! Excellent masking and stamping!! And, yes, thank you, I'm doing great! I am only five weeks post-op, but feeling like it's five months so no complaints and all worth it!! Hugs, Darnell

Marjeta said...

Gorgeous card. Love your scene.

Marjeta

Sammy said...

This is beautiful! really lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

scrappymo! said...

Stunning inky card, Jane!

Rika said...

Gorgeous card, beautifl colors!

pinky said...

Jane your card is just amazing!! Its so nice to have you as GD over Stamping Sensations :)

SewPaperPaint said...

Such a beautiful stamp scape. Gorgeous! Hugs, Autumn