Thursday 9 March 2017

Finding your craft mojo

I've not posted for a couple of days - at least, not here - but I HAVE done a guest post over at Life, Ninjakillercat and Everything Else where you can read my suggestions for ways to get over a lost mojo. I've based it around craft, but I've given a five step plan that could apply to just about any hobby. Do pop over there and have a look! And while you are there, take a look around her blog, it's a fascinating mixture of photographs, posts about (and occasionally written by) her cats, one of whom sadly crossed the rainbow bridge a few days ago, moving personal posts about her own struggle with depression, recipes and product reviews, all written in her unique almost poetic style.

I've challenged Claire, who writes the blog, to follow my five step plan in order to try to revive her crafting hobby, so I'll be looking out for her results. And if you try it, I'd like to hear from you, too!

Now because all the crafting I've done this week has been for future scheduled posts, how about some food photos instead? I was recently lucky enough to win a meal for two, including three courses, wine and coffee, at Denbies winery in Surry, in their Gallery Restaurant which has a beautiful view over the vineyard and the Surrey countryside. My photos of the view didn't come out very well, I've not mastered scenery on my phone camera yet, but here are a few food photos to make your mouth water. I'll not go into details save to say that our meal was absolutely wonderful, every mouthful was amazing!

Crispy beef with sweet chilli and wasabe

Deep fried Brie with redcurrants

Lamb rump with dauphinoise, smoked celeriac puree, chanterelles, kale, baby beetroot and pomegranate jelly

Pheasant with barley "risotto", cavolo nero and smoked celeric puree

3 comments:

Mrs A. said...

The food looks absolutely delicious. I'm hungry now just looking at it! Hugs Mrs A.

crafty-stamper said...

It all looks delicious but my fave would be the lamb
Carol x

Margarets designer cards said...

It all looks yummy, The pheasant would be my choice,