Sunday 12 March 2017

Enjoy (tea/coffee) at CD Sundays

Our new challenge has just gone live at CD  Sundays, and Margaret has chosen the theme Enjoy (Tea/Coffee)

Now you probably know that I am totally addicted to tea, so you might be surprised that I've made a coffee themed card!


However it's because some of the elements I've used here are very special to me, and for the same reason I've kept the card very simple to show them off.

First of all the image - it is from one of the very first prizes that I won when I first started playing along at CD Sundays. The CD is called Grandma's Collection and is produced by a small business that sells on ebay as Fitzy62. So the CD has taken me all the way from my first steps at joining in the challenge to now having a place on the Design Team.

Next the background card. I thought last year that I'd finished up the very last sheet of this but when I was sorting things into my new storage unit at Christmas I was delighted to find that I still had one sheet left. Well, it's just over half a sheet now I've used some on this! I bought the pack of card at The Eden Project in Cornwall several years ago and it is fascinating, because those brown swirls aren't printed on the card, they are real coffee grounds that are embedded into the fibres when the card is being made! What a wonderful way of recycling, and it means that no two pieces of card are ever identical. The card doesn't seem to be on the Eden Project website now, so I'll probably never find any more like it, but it's been a real joy to use.

And finally the stickers that I've used for the borders, which are from a fun sheet of coffee themed stickers sent to me by the lovely Darnell, of djkardkreations - every time I use them I think of the fun day when a whole gaggle of us crafters met up with her in Southampton when she did her Grand Crafty Tour of the UK last summer.

I don't have anything exciting to say about the Hunkydory card I used  for the base layer, except that I chose a swirly embossed one to represent swirls of steam coming from a cup of coffee, or about the candi, whose colours I chose to link the image to the border.

9 comments:

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely card, beautiful layout and colours, lovely image of a coffee pot.

meg said...

I can understand why you chose coffee when you had that fantastic paper,I feel as though I can smell the coffee, love it.

Craftychris said...

What a gorgeous card - so full of memories too! Love the image and the coffee paper is so cool and unique! You have brought back fond memories of our day with Darnell in Southampton - it was an awesome day indeed! xxx

Barbara Godden said...

Beautiful card, love the background and the image is lovely. Great design and lots of memories.

Pamela said...

What a lovely story behind the making of this card Jane. I can see why you went for a coffee theme!
Pamela
CD Sunday DT.

cotnob said...

A super card Jane, such a pretty image.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Jocelyn said...

I love the vintage feel of this card. Very interesting to hear about the card made using coffee - lovely shade too, such a shame you can't get any more.
Jocelyn x

Carol said...

Great card Jane. I can almost smell the coffee in the card. How unusual but so realistic.
Carol
xx

Wynn said...

Jane I've enjoyed reading your story of your card.....great memories. You can practically taste the coffee when you view your card lol!!! Hugs Wynn x