Sunday 12 March 2017

Butterfly fold-back card

A few days ago on Pinterest I saw a fold back card using partial die cutting along the fold. I don't have any stamp and die sets that would lend themselves to the technique, so I decided to do the stamping and then cut out by hand.

The result was an unsalvageable mess.  But by now I knew what look I wanted to achieve, so I decided to try again but by adding fussy-cut images to the solid fold instead. Here's the result.


The butterfly is an Indigo Blu image. I stamped it with Stazon and then coloured it in with watercolour pencils, blending green and white with more of the green towards the butterfly's body then went over it all with a waterbrush, adding the darkest green for the body when the paint was dry.

The borders are punched with a Martha Stewart punch, using some mint green card that was in a bargain pad at Lidl recently.

I am sharing this with
Butterfly Challenge - Edges and/or Mint Green
The Paper Players - Green and white

7 comments:

Barb said...

What a pretty card this is. I love the butterfly image and what great fussy cutting! Barbxx

LeAnne said...

I think I tried that technique once, and gave up too! This is just as pretty...and much easier! Your butterflies are delightful and they look as if they could float right off the card! Thanks for playing with our green challenge this week!

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Jane, pretty butterflies and fabulous design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Liz said...

Beautiful CAS card, Jane. The green punched edges make a lovely border down the sides. I haven't tried the partial die cutting technique, it's on my 'to try' list but it looks quite complicated.
Visiting you blog today with my Butterfly Challenge Guest Designer hat on - Good Luck in the challenge. xx

Anonymous said...

So your experiment wasn't a complete mess -- you got the idea for this gorgeous card from it! I love the beautiful greens, and the flower border die you chose is perfect for the butterfly image.

Evelyn

Barbara Godden said...

Great card, those butterflies are coloured beautifully and love the fold.

Mrs A. said...

So glad you persevered as your resulting card is stunning. I love those elegant butterflies. I love that border too. Thankyou for fluttering into the butterfly garden. Hugs Mrs A.