Monday 6 February 2017

Sparkling Snowflakes

This card happened by accident - I was rummaging around in my bag of ribbons for one of those elusive scraps that you just know are somewhere, when something fell on the floor and landed at my feet. It was this piece of ribbon, still in its packaging, and I'd forgotten all about it. Well, since it was begging to be used, it would have been rude not to, wouldn't it?


The sparkly silver snowflakes are cut from Cricut vinyl - I think it's meant for making iron on motifs for textiles, but I used it by die cutting in the Grand Calibur (it's quite tough and takes several passes)  then using my heat gun to apply it to the card. It comes out much thinner and flatter than a normal die cut, almost as if it's melted into the card, and yet has an amazing amount of sparkle, far more than I could ever capture in a photo! The stamped tags  are made with an NBUS Funstamps stamp.

I am sharing this with
Crafty Gals Corner - add some sparkle
CHNC - Add some Ribbon
CHNC Extra - February
Jingle Belles - Let the flakes fall where they may
   

5 comments:

Barb said...

Wow that ribbon is beautiful. I love the colours of your lovely sparkly card. Barbxx

lauren bergold said...

what a great use of that AMAZING ribbon!!! definitely a bit of crafty serendipity there, it's PERFECT for this fun and fabulous card! thanks very much for joining our FLAKY fun at JINGLE BELLES! <3

crafty-stamper said...

Love the little tags,sparkly snowflakes and the ribbon is beautiful
Carol x

SmilynStef said...

Look at you pulling out the snowflake charm ... total snowflake immersion ... so glad you got *flaky* with us at jingle belles.

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x