Monday 8 August 2016

Blue and Brown

This week's challenge at Less is More is Blue and Brown, and as I've not used it for a few weeks, out came my Chloe Stem die, one of my all-time favourite dies. But I decided to change things a bit this time and give the flowers a stamped "halo" to make them look a bit like dandelion clocks. I used the stamp that Gentleman crafter calls his "circular rough shader", inked with a light brown ink and then a hint of darker brown sponged around the edges, and stamped the circles where the flower heads were to be positioned, then used a snippet of blue to cut the flowers, trimming the stems to the right length before adding them.


I am also sharing this in the Snippets Playground

10 comments:

Di said...

Great card Jane! Such a clever idea to transform the die (a fave of mine too!) into a dandelion clock. And the sentiments stamp you used is gorgeous as well. PLUS, you used brown and blue for the LIM challenge - it's got me totally stumped this week!

Hugs

Di xx

Esther said...

I love how you've created dandelion clocks! So creative and it looks really stylish and crisp. Fab LIM entry, thanks so much for sharing :)

Barb said...

You never cease to amaze me with the super ideas you come up with Jane. This card is great. Barbxx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Hey I just love that idea Jane with the dandelion clock die-cut against the stamped flower head. Neat and classy and a super take on the colour scheme. Thanks for playing along at Less is More Cards this week. Sarah

Linby said...

That is a clever idea - I've got that die, never thought about using it like that. I'm going to pin for future inspiration and because I will never remember otherwise! Fab card.

Susan said...

such a creative use of this die! just perfect for the challenge! thanks for sharing at less is more!

Bea said...

Fab card - love the mix of stamping and die cuts :)

Cara said...

Great way to alter the look of a die cut. Fabulous. Cara x

Kathyk said...

Clever design with the LIM colours this week

Kathyk

Neets B said...

Genius idea to change up your die and stamp, it's really effective.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More