Sunday 13 March 2016

Playing with my new toys

Last weekend it was Mothers Day here in the UK and this year my grown up daughters really excelled themselves at choosing wonderful and imaginative presents, even though I wasn't able to see either of them on the day.

My younger daughter lives in France, and she sent me a selection of unmounted stamps from the French company Katzelkraft who make some really wonderful designs.

Here I have used two of the stamps, the water wall and the seahorse silhouette.

First I painted a background wash of mixed blues on to watercolour paper, and added a few green streaks to suggest seaweed and a little sandy bottom. When dry, I stamped the seahorse over it. Then I used Versamark ink and clear embossing powder to stamp and heat-emboss the water wall over the whole area, using the stamp "upside down" to look like bubbles rising up through the water. I matted it on to black card and finished my card with some sea shells stamped in grey - these are very old UMs from my stash, so I don't know the manufacturer.


I am sharing this with the new challenge CAS Mix Up - the compulsory elements are stamping and watercolouring, and my extra element is heat embossing.

5 comments:

Zoechaos said...

That French company do make fabulous stamps, used to get them at the Craft Barn probably still do. The seahorse is beautiful you have paired it here with your fabulous background brilliantly. Yet another fantastic project Mrs W. XOXO

Barb said...

How lucky you are to have some beautiful and different stamps. I really love this card Jane. What a fantastic background and he's such a lovely seahorse. Barbxx

Loll said...

Hi Jane. Such lovely stamps that your daughter sent you for Mother's Day. And you've put them to good use right away! :) Love your watercoloured background ... great job with the seaweed. The seahorse is really beautiful and great idea to use your water wall stamp to create rising bubbles. Awesome! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up. xx

Bonnie said...

You have an awesome daughter to pick out these stamps, Jane! Love the watercolor and embossed water with that beautiful seahorse! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

Monika Reeck said...

you really have a great stamp Jane
this is adorable for manly or womans card
i adore the main Image Jane
hugs
Monika