Friday 11 March 2016

Crafting again at last - Paris in the spring

Hooray! I've not done any crafting for the best part of a week, and boy have I missed it! I went away to visit my Mum for a few days, and then had to spend yesterday catching up with laundry and admin, so it was only yesterday evening that the papers and glue came out of hiding.

If I make everything that's swimming around in my head at the moment I'm going to need a few 48 hour days! So here is a very quick and simple card I made as a warming up exercise.

I had a good rummage around the snippets box and came up with an assortment of patterned papers - all except the black and white floral, which I think was left over from a CD printout, came from a Craftwork Cards goody bag I got about 5 years ago. I cut the patterned papers into 4cm squares, and a white 8.5 cm square, then stamped the sentiment on the white square and added part of a die cut silhouette of the Paris skyline (I think the die was from Marianne Creatables).

The card I used for the matting is a vicious shocking pink that is far too bright for most purposes, but I think it works well with these papers, probably more so in real life than on the photo.


I would like to share this with:

Addicted to stamps and more - Clean and simple
Clear it Out - Patterned paper over a year old
Pixie's Snippets Playground - week 219
Make my Monday - a square world
House of Cards - Silhouette   

13 comments:

Stephanie Jane said...

That's a really striking design :-)

Unknown said...

Fabulous card Debbs xx

Kath said...

A fabulous card - I love the design and the shocking pink is perfect against the black and white.
Kath x

Barb said...

A great card Jane. The colours really look great with the theme. Wishing you lots of craft fun now you're home again. Barbxx

Di said...

Fabulous card Jane! I adore the pink, white and black - so striking. I see you brought the sunshine with you - glorious outside right now!

Hugs

Di xx

Tanja said...

love the layout of your card - thanks for sharing your project at Addicted to Stamps and More

Sarn said...

LOVE this snippets card. Brilliant co-ordination. xxx

Shawna said...

I saw this card at HOC and am so happy to see it here too!! I love this card!! Your preciseness is well done, the color palette is clean and classic. And you made a square card with square images and graphics!! genius I say!! Great job Jane!! and I want to thank you for joining us at MMM.. As usual it is so good to see you here. Until next time take care!
Cyber Hugs,
Shawna DT

cm said...

An eye-catching 'snippets' card in every way! The black/white, the patterns, and the 'shocking' pink: winning combination! So glad you shared your creativity in the ATSM gallery!
~c

Mynn xx said...

This is AWESOME! I adore the fun layout and fabulous color choices! Thank you for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Jane Knudsen said...

Wow! What a lovely card! All of the paper pairs so well together and I love the colors! Thank you for playing along with us at House of Cards!!

Leslie said...

Fabulous project with so many wonderful details! Thanks so much for sharing your project with us in the House of Cards "Silhouette!" challenge!
Hugs,
Leslie, HOC DT
Love To Scrap!
Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog DT
Really Reasonable Ribbon DT
House of Cards DT
Crafty Friends DT
My Crafting Stories DT

Unknown said...

Awesome card! Absolutely love how you incorporated the silhouette in your Parisian card! Thank you for joining our March Silhouette Cards Challenge at the House of Cards. Ruza, HOC-Designer
Ruza's Craft Corner