Wednesday 13 January 2016

WOYWW 345

For the last few days, I've been having a massive decluttering and reorganisation of my craft stuff. Lots of no-longer-loved stamps are  now in old biscuit tins in the spare room, waiting for me to decide whether to store them or actually get rid of them, some of my most dog eared snippets and Ugly papers have gone in the recycling bin, tag ends of old kits have been merged, dried up inkpads reinked or binned, unmounted stamps sorted by theme into boxes and finally all the odds and ends of markers, gel pens, pencils, peel off pens and watercolour pencils bunched together by type and held together with elastic bands. And where better to store them than in a pretty purple mini trug, complete with smiley face?

I've just finished the last bit of sorting, the pens are neatly stacked and now it's time to clear my workspace and get crafting again (well actually first I need to blog something I made before the blitz started)



Ugh, what a fuzzy photo, I took it on my phone and I reckon my phone was too busy making eyes at the smiley face!

Anyway I'm popping over to the Stamping Ground to share my pic and have a nosey at what some of the others are up to - hope to see you over there!

12 comments:

Bubbles said...

You have been so busy... it puts me to shame! I really should have a tidy-up and a clear-out. Maybe I'm just a secret hoarder at heart?
Have a wonderful Wednesday - and the rest of the week too!
Bubbles
#31

Barb said...

Hi Jane, You can sit with a smug look on your face now because you've done it. Well Done. I did a bit of de-cluttering yesterday but haven't even made a dent and that's just clearing no sorting out done yet. Love that smiley purple face. Barb xx #39

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Jane, wonderful feeling to have a cleansing declutter, I bet you can't wait to get at your desk to create. Have a fab week Cheers RobynO#36

Sharon said...

I love love love the bucket! Good luck with de-cluttering. Now I'm moving my craft stuff up to my room I've come across lots of things I don't think I will be using. Now to make myself get rid of them...

Sharon K #50

Darnell said...

Yay, way to go, Jane!! You are way ahead of me in terms of your reorg!! And I love that smiley-face bucket! You are now free to move about the cabin and your decluttering will bring noodles of awesome designs flooding in!! You inspire me to keep on keepin' on over here!! Hugs, Darnell

J said...

I think quite a few people have been having a tidy since Christmas, I know I have, mind you it didn't stay tidy for long!
Happy WOYWW

Jan. No 33

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I think the organization bug has hit a lot of us. One thing I said I was going to do was stay on top of my craft supplies this year. I get something new and throw it in with the organized stuff. I'm sure YOU don't, but I am going to clean and organize one shelf, bin, or drawer a week until I'm satisfied with the looks of things. For me it's ongoing. I'm sure liking your smiling face, though. And now you can find everything easily. At least you'll find the smiling face! Thanks for visiting while I slept. You asked if the papers get soggy. Not unless you try to pull them apart until they are dry after you pull them from the dye bath. They are still in the tea bath even now. Happy WOYWW from #2.

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh great job Jane, it takes a mood to come upon one! I love the trug, you're prolly right about your camera, but really it's not to fuzzy! Enjoy the 'moment'of sitting at your desk and being smug about the tidy before you dive in to creative mess!

Liz said...

I've tried blitzing and reorganising/decluttering my craft room since the beginning of January, but every time I find something long forgotten, I stop and have a play. You've given me the inspiration to not do any more crafting until everything is tidy.....let's see how long my willpower lasts! BTW, love your mini trug.xx

okienurse said...

seems like everyone has been bitten by the reorganizing and decluttering bug. I know I have but it seems there is no end to it. I have promised myself to not buy new stuff till I have used up some of what I have! Have a great week and thanks for sharing. Vickie #61

Helen said...

Well done - do you want to come and do mine?! Helen #1

Laura said...

Hehe, all pots should have smiley faces!!
Laura
38