Monday 31 August 2015

Stripe me green!

One layer cards aren't always clean and simple. And clean and simple - in appearance- cards aren't always quick to make. But this card was very quick - I selected the stamps and ink, made the card, cleaned up and put everything away again in the time it took my husband to have his shower. And he's not a man who spends ages primping!

The border stamp an old one that I think came from Graphicus. I believe they've been taken over by another company and the designs reissued, but I'm not sure which company it is. I stamped it with Versamark and embossed it with clear powder. Then I masked off the rest of the card just leaving the stamped area clear, and used a blending tool to apply Adirondack Lettuce ink over the whole unmasked area. The more ink you apply, the more the embossing stands out! Once the ink was applied, I polished the surface with a tissue to remove any ink clinging to the embossing. Finally  I removed the masks and stamped the sentiment with the same ink.

Job done.


I'm sharing this card with

AAA Cards - Spectacular Embossing


Inkspirational - One Layer

5 comments:

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Fabulously CAS, striking and embossing spectacular Jane!
perfect take on the challenge and thanks for playing along at AAA Cards.
Sarah

Kim M said...

This is a beautiful CAS one layer card! Sometimes the fast and easy one are the most effective. Thanks for playing along with us over at Inkspirational! :-)

Ceal said...

Beautiful CAS card, love the color. thanks for joining our embossing challenge at AAA Cards!

Jill V said...

Your card is CAS elegance at it's best! I love the combination of white and gold - so pretty! Thanks for linking up at AAA Cards! Jill

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Gorgeous, elegant, perfect CAS! Thanks so much for linking up and playing with us at AAA Cards.