Sunday 2 August 2015

Of course Owls are pink!

Well, they are when you feel like making them so. I really am not sure what made me decide to colour this owl image (a Woodware image from an old sheet of polymer stamps) with bright pink Wink of Stella but since it's a very stylised owl it doesn't have to look realistic, does it?

A rummage through my snippets produced this stripey paper from Craftwork Cards in just the right shade of pink, and I also had matching Candi so I die cut a scalloped circle from a black snippet and stuck Candi around the edge. The pink and grey borders are also snippets, and the stripey circular die cut came, I think, with the Candi.

I didn't have a suitable sentiment so I used my Dymo label maker to create one



I'm playing along with
Suzy Bee's Blooming Challenge - Wings or feathers
Pixie's Snippets Playground - week 188

5 comments:

Eve said...

Hi Jane
thank you so much for entering the playground with this stunning card - love it!!
Your pink owl is so adorable and co-ordinates with your papers and candy dots beautifully - fabulous use of snippets!
I must get a dynamo label maker for making perfect sentiments - thanks for that idea!!
Eve xx

Sarn said...

The card is a HOOT (sorry!). Pink owls? Why not.
xxx

DYMOSupport said...

Hi Jane,

What a wonderful creation, the card really sparkles with life and hey. I think Pink owls will be the new hip thing because damn, that is one adorable little bugger!
I am glad you chose to use the DYMO in this case as I think it really adds more to the whole creation.

I hope you had a wonderful weekend and we all look forward to your next creation!

With best regards,
Jesper K
DYMOSupport

Jane Willis said...

Thanks for commenting - I love the way that Dymo proactively looks out for mention of their products. The Dymo machine is so useful to us crafters as it allows us to say EXACTLY what we want to, and adds depth and texture to our designs

Elizabeth said...

Hi Jane, love that snippet of pink stripey paper. It's the perfect foil for your pink owl ... I'm sure there must be pink owls somewhere in the world :) The use of the label maker to create an apt greeting is inspirational. Elizabeth xx