Sunday 30 August 2015

Dragonfly dreams

As you know, I love dragonflies and can't resist a craft item that has a dragonfly on it. So of course I have several dragonfly themed dies in my collection, and as I was rummaging through my box of card I happened on this sheet of iridescent card and thought it would look good as a background to the Tattered Lace dragonfly panel die.

By cutting the panel three times and butting them up next to each other on the card, I made a panel just the right size for a 6" square card. The topper is made with the Sizzix dragonfly set, using the colours reversed.

I've photographed it at two different angles to try to properly capture the iridescent sheen of the card, but it was determined to catch the light more at the bottom than the top, however I did it! .The colour blend on the card is actually the same all over.




I'm sharing this with Fab'n'Funky challenge - Things With Wings

2 comments:

Barb said...

What a beautiful card Jane. What a good idea to use the panel dies as a background. I have no panel dies and I don't know why! The colour of the dragonfly looks perfect. Barbxx

Chris said...

Beautiful. Lovely dies and fabulous design, that iridescent paper is perfect with your dragonflies! Thanks for joining us at Fab n Funky.
Chris
x