Saturday 23 May 2015

Last night's dinner

I hadn't intended to blog about the meal I cooked last night, but Mark took such lovely photos of it that I couldn't resist sharing them! I'd planned to make an old favourite, Lamb and Mixed Fruit Pilaff from an ancient copy of Supercookery,  and serve it with a plain green salad, but having been flicking through my copy of Persiana by Sabrina Ghayour, I spotted a couple of other dishes I fancied making.

So here we have Lamb and Mixed Fruit Pilaff,  grilled asparagus marinated in harissa and lemon juice, and roast butternut squash with a parsley and pistachio pesto (the recipe has coriander and dill in the pesto too, but Mark is allergic to coriander, neither of us likes dill, and the parsley is threatening to take over the garden) with pomegranate seeds and crumbled feta cheese. The finished plateful has even more colour added with a few of Mark's home-dried tomato slices.





4 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks amazing! Love the asparagus.

Vesna Maric said...

I never tried to grill asparagus. I will certainly do it the next time I harvest it.

Jackie Allum said...

Ooooh yummy! This is my kind of dish. We've got a butternut squash in the cupboard that needs using so might do something like this with it. The rice would unfortunately affect my blood sugar too much but the rest is perfect. Thanks Jane.

Jackie Allum said...

We tried it today! http://ustwofriends.com/craft-butternut-squash-pesto-drizzles