Friday 6 March 2015

Memories

This stamp has lived in my stash for years, almost since I first started stamping, yet I hardly ever use it. Why? Because it has so much going on that it overpowers anything I use it with, and yet doesn't really seem to have enough about it to use alone on a CAS card. So, still in my "What if?" thinking mode, I thought "What if I combined it...... with itself?"

So, I stamped it in black then cut a square mask somewhat larger than the image and stamped it again around the edge, using the pink/purple end of a Kaleidacolor "Birth Stone" pad and masking each one as I went. That was supposed to be the finished card, but it had a rather "unfinished"  look to it - until I went around the central masked area with a black pen.

Now it looks as if the central panel is piled up on top of lots of layers below - and yet it is all one layer. Incidentally the base card is actually white - all that purple and pink ink seems to glow so much that it's caused the optical illusion of a pink background card!



 
I'm joining in with:
Sweet Stampin Challenge Blog - All or nothing (one layer or many layers)  as this is one layer that looks like many!
One Layer Simplicity Challenge - Words, Words, Words 

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Fab card, love your stamping.
Thank you for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Very clever use of the stamp, the colours are very pretty, thank you for playing with Sweet Stampin'.

Warm hugs
Maarit

Susan Raihala said...

Extremely cool use of that stamp! I love how stacked everything looks...definitely looks layered! Love it!

Thanks for playing along with the OLS Challenge!