Wednesday 8 October 2014

You had me at Merlot

It only really works if you read it in an American accent, doesn't it? Anyway, once again I've been having a play with the Wine Buffs CD because my current paper-crush is the wine-stained background from it. This time I've based my card on the sketch which is the  current challenge at The Male Room



Here's my card, using one of the wine label toppers on the outside and a wine label sentiment as a greeting inside the card. The washi tape on the green strip has a bit of a "club tie" look about it - is it the MCC tie that it reminds me of? Actually I'm not convinced the wine label shaped topper really works as a stand alone, rather than on a bottle shaped card, so over the next few days I might dismantle this card, print a few more bits and bobs and turn it into two separate cards.


5 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

What a fun card! I do like the backing paper and the sentiment too. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room this week!

Jacqueline said...

Crafting and alcohol - two things which go very together - your card is fab thanks for joining us in TMR this week - Jacqueline xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super fun card - Thanks for joining in at TMR!

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

lol...Such a fun card! Love the paper, image and sentiment! Great card for the wine drinker. Thanks for joining us at The Male Room
Tina dt

Diane said...

really fun card! Great use of the sketch!