Wednesday 15 October 2014

Delving in my bits box....

.... I came across this metallic butterfly embellishment that I've been hoarding for years. So long, in fact, that it's  actually starting to show some brown patches of corrosion. What to do - throw it away? Try to colour it to hide the brown? Or perhaps celebrate the colour variation by using it on a card that featured co-ordinating shades? As so many of my odds and ends are in the brown/green colour families, I decided that was the way forward. So here we are - everything on this card apart from the blue chevron pattern washi tape and the base card itself is left over from some other project. The butterfly strip along the top is just an offcut of silver mirri card, carefully positioned in a folder before embossing.

Now it's all assembled, I wish I'd had a little more of the turquoise card and layered the two tags onto it to lift then out from the background a little more.


I'm playing along with

Snippets Playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop
Butterfly challenge 16 - Butterfly and a tag

4 comments:

Di said...

Oh this is gorgeous Jane - and I bet Mrs A will love it too :)

Hugs

Di xx

Mrs A. said...

Yes indeed I do love it! Absolutely brilliant idea to use the tarnished metal butterfly just as it is. The embellishments you have pulled from your stash are perfect for it. Thankyou foor fluttering by #16. hugs Mrs A.

Kathy said...

Love how all the different elements work so well together on your card. Great design.

Debs Willis said...

Hi Jane, it's the other 'Willis' here - and I've noticed that we both live in hampshire! Like the turquoise & brown, it works really well.
Thanks for your lovely comments on my album, it was definitely a labour of love!
Debs x