Monday 11 November 2013

Meal planning Monday - 11th November

Last week I managed to completely miss posting my meal plan - I kept changing my plans and dithering about what to have for so long the week was just about over before I'd made any plans!

This week I've made my plans - but they may well all be scuppered. At 4am today the Carbon Monoxide detector started screeching. A gas engineer came out and did an initial inspection - and turned our gas supply off completely, so now we have to have further investigations. That means cooking on the hob is out of the question at the moment. I'm hoping it will all be sorted out today, but if it isn't, the rest of the week will be devoted to meals that can be cooked in the oven, slow cooker and Actifry (I don't have a microwave). Or we might just resort to takeaways. Or Pot Noodle.

But here's what we *should* be having, cooking facilities permitting.

Monday baked sweet potatoes with chipotle mayonnaise, Pinto beans with Chorizo, salsa and salad
Tuesday (trying to do a Jamie's 30 minute meal in 30 minutes) Pork chops, mash and savoy cabbage
Wednesday baked gammon with parsley sauce. Boiled potatoes, carrots and leeks.
Thursday If there's some gammon left, Gammon with creamy vegetable pie, otherwise macaroni cheese. Either way, baked tomatoes will feature somewhere.
Friday I'm hoping to stock up on game on Thursday so either a venison casserole or roast goose crown. Veg box day so accompaniments will be chosen once the box is unpacked.
Saturday we're having a visit from Claire of Ninja Killer Cat so I'm not going to spoil the surprise of what's for dinner by telling the world!
Sunday assuming I got the game, if we had venison casserole on Friday we'll have roast goose today and vice versa.

If I don't get any game, I'll use beef instead of stewing venison and a chicken instead of goose.

Find lots more meal plans at At Home With Mrs M



1 comment:

Kim Carberry said...

Ohh hope you have got the gas back on!!
Everything sounds great!!