Saturday 12 January 2013

Spring is in the air?

It will soon be spring. The shops are full of the scent of hot cross buns, the Cadburys Creme Eggs are on sale, bulbs are starting to peep through the ground and as a crafter my thoughts should be turning towards Valentines Day, Chinese New Year and Easter.

With that in mind, today I have made an Autumn themed card and a Christmas card. Well, I had a lovely new set of Spellbinders leaf cutting and embossing dies, bought with a gift card my daughter Mellow Mummy gave me for Christmas, so I had to try them out didn't I?

 
 

I love the way the embossing on the shapes turns them from simple diecut shapes into much more dimensional  ones, especially on the fir cones. The slightly pearlised card I used for them helps to highlight the embossing.

This week's challenge at Make My Monday is Dry Embossing,  while at Addicted to Clean and Simple the challenge is Embossing  so I am entering my cards into both challenges.

Does anyone else think back to the TV series of  a few years ago "The Restaurant" with Raymond Blanc saying "I  am putting you into zee challange" every time they type the word "challenge"? No? Oh dear, it's just me then.....

6 comments:

Mynn xx said...

Two fabulous creations! I just adore your fall colored one--so pretty! Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

Rosie said...

Very nice postcards

Sylvia said...

Love the pine branch and cones on the Christmas card the embossing works well, and what lovely Autumn colours in the other card.

Unknown said...

Two lovely cards Jane. You're so right about the dimension gives to the die cuts. Thanks so much for joining us at A2CAS for this challenge.

Karen x

Loll said...

Two wonderful cards. You're right ... the embossing really adds to the die-cuts. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS. Loll

Fliss said...

Beautiful cards! Thanks for sharing this with us at the MMM dry embossing challenge.
Fliss x