Tuesday 30 October 2012

Too Much Stuff- Autumn catch-up

Earlier this year I set myself a personal challenge - not to buy any more craft goodies, apart from restocking basics, until I have created some space in my cluttered mountains of stash.

It's been about 7 months now since I bought anything new, apart from restocking on adhesives, and despite having made dozens of cards and sent four large bundles of them to charity, I don't seem to have cleared any space yet...... everything just seems to spread out a little bit more instead.

So my next step is to tackle all the part-used kits I have amassed. I keep telling myself to stop buying kits. They look so good demonstrated on the TV, yet when you get them home they are uninspiring and lack challenge. I find myself just slavishly copying the things that were demoed on TV - if I can remember them.  About a third of the kit gets used and the rest sits in boxes getting gradually more and more dog eared, or I decide to break down the kits and use them with the rest of my stash, only to decide that none of it really works with anything else I own. In fact I find myself completely incapable of "thinking outside the box".

Some of my part used kits must be 15 years old or more, so it really is "use it or lose it" time, and I've had  a bit of a blitz on a few of the oldest ones, the result of which you can see here. Now I have four fewer boxes cluttering the place up, I'd better get back to the Christmas cards or I'll still be making this year's next year!















No comments: